Name:
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts, United States

I'm a college student who adores the world of Myst. "The Bend of Time" is my regular blog. "Cavern Citizen" is my IC Uru blog--IC comments aren't necessary but highly encouraged.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Still Shut Out

It's been about a month since I've last been able to enter the cavern, but it feels like a year. And the absence is driving me mad.

I should have gotten my Relto book fixed much earlier. But like a fool, I kept putting it off. "Gee, the book is starting to fray at the edges, but nothing serious. " "Oh, I'm too busy to go to D'ni anyway this week." It wasn't until my book fell apart to my touch after the Restoration Memorial party that I realized my only link to the cavern was in serious danger. Yeesha might've given me another one--if I could find her. So, in sheer desperation, I did something perhaps even more unwise than my procrastination. I gave my book to a refurbishment company for repairs.

I gave my enigmatic instructions as best I could. "Hey guys, thanks for your help. Please fix the binding without touching the pages. Call me when you're done!" They probably thought I was nuts, but I'm sure they don't care as long as they get paid. Apparently as of today they're waiting for the cover's replacement. No word on an estimated time of arrival. I hope my Relto isn't swarming with frightened bookbinders!

So I've been watching the DRC forums and waiting for my Relto to return to me. It's ironic; I've been telling as many people as I can to come to the cavern, yet I can't join them myself. I feel so cut off. My patience is starting to wane, and the Call is getting stronger. I have a growing fear that I will return too late, that the financial backers will get cold feet and I again will miss my chance to see D'ni in the middle of restoration.

And the worst part of it all is that I have no one to blame but myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home