Name:
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts, United States

I'm a college student who adores the world of Myst. "The Bend of Time" is my regular blog. "Cavern Citizen" is my IC Uru blog--IC comments aren't necessary but highly encouraged.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

DRC-Explorer Liasons

The community is working furiously toward the goal of appointing five liasons that would open the lines of communication between the DRC and the explorers. While all of this sounds interesting, and a part of me would like to be a part of this (I did say I was greedy for information), the rest of me will stay far away from it (not that I have much of a choice--my Relto book is still away for repairs).

It's not that I hate the DRC; I was as thrilled as everyone else was when they posted again at the forums. I just don't know what their intentions are as to restoration. I also don't like getting into something before I even know the full job description.

I don't know how to explain my feelings about this development very well, but I think The Watcher can sum it up for me: "What will crush you? The weight of ordinances and laws. What will lift you? The wings of a heart for the Maker." I was never one for politics, anyway. And it's not that I'm that well-known in the cavern, if we end up voting democratically about it.

Besides, I'm glad to see the DRC return, I suppose, but they weren't the ones I've been waiting for.

I've been waiting for her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deg said...

Yeesha still scares me a bit, but I'm willing to follow and learn from her. The same can be said about the DRC. I just don't know enough about either side; The middle is probably best for now. I've just been wary of pride-- I think I'll post about that in my blog soon.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Sorceress said...

I'm of the opinion that Yeesha and the DRC were not mutually exclusive camps to me. When I look to the past, I turn to the DRC--excavation and research that can help me learn from D'ni history and culture. But when I look to the future, I turn to Yeesha--to give us stories and lessons that go beyond the dig or the classroom; to have the Tree grow again.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home